Digital Communications Executive
Circa. £24,000-26,000 DoE
Hours of work
Full time: 9.30am to 5.30pm
16 January 2020
Head of Marketing and Communications
Media Trust bridges the gap between the media and creative industry and charities, under-represented communities and young people to give them a stronger voice. We do this by promoting skills-based volunteering, empowering young people from diverse backgrounds to work in the media and creative industry and facilitating capacity building and multi-stakeholder dialogue and collaboration.
We’re proud to be helping charities and underrepresented communities to challenge entrenched negative stereotypes and fight for more authentic media representation, giving a stronger voice to people with lived experience. We’re helping charities with their communications strategy, advocacy and campaigning, storytelling, content creation and press engagement. Digital communications skills are embedded in and are a crucial element of all of these areas. Our long-term intended impact is increased visibility, reach and support for charities, so that society benefits more from the work of the third sector.
We have an extensive network of around 40 corporate partners including adamandeveDDB, BBC, BBH, Channel 4, Edelman, Facebook, Google, Guardian Media Group, ITV, Sky, Twitter and Weber Shandwick, to name but a few, who we work closely alongside to deliver our programmes.
Our digital communications have played a significant part in raising our profile and building an ongoing dialogue with the charity sector, as well as the media and creative industry.
2020 is going to be an exciting year for Media Trust. This is why we are looking for a digital executive to join our dynamic team to develop and optimise Media Trust’s digital communications, ensuring the online experience of our stakeholders serves and supports our audiences and meets our programme, fundraising and marketing goals.
Working within a small fast-paced Marketing and Communications team, you will be responsible for delivering engaging visual and written content across all key platforms. You will curate content including creating paid advertising (via Facebook credits and Twitter for Good accounts) for all our social media accounts in order to build up an engaged following and target specific audiences as the brief requires.
You will be an avid social media user with a love for engaging people through online content. You will become the go-to person in the organisation for social media, helping with everything from scheduling and contributor liaison, to creating assets and social media reports to shape and inform our programmes, activities and KPIs.
Your strong attention to detail and planning skills will ensure you can manage multiple projects at one time, driving our digital presence forward.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Digital Content Manager to create and implement digital communications plans that support Media Trust brand activity, delivering social media activity across all main platforms including: Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Work alongside programme and events managers to plan and create specific social media campaigns and events to drive awareness and sign ups/attendance.
- Produce content assets including graphics, GIFS and holding slides to support Media Trust events.
- Day-to-day running of Media Trust’s social media accounts, engaging with users, responding to queries, reacting to trends and behaviour and sharing relevant content, as required.
- Regular monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of Media Trust’s social channels, producing and sharing analytics on a bi-weekly basis back to the marketing team and relevant programme teams.
- Running and managing social media feeds, outside of ordinary working hours when required specially to support key Media Trust events (occasionally in evenings.)
- The ideal candidate will be passionate and active on social media and understand exactly how best to interact with an audience in the various social spaces.
- Has 2-years minimum work experience in social media managing an organisation’s social account and ideally, has developed some paid advertising in this time.
- Demonstrable experience of using, and making content for social media.
- Good knowledge and experience of managing social media communities (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Working knowledge of edit & graphics manipulation packages especially illustrator and photoshop.
- Some experience of filming for social platforms
- Creative storytelling ability and excellent writing standards.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure smooth working across the mar-comms team as well as the core programme teams
- You will be comfortable approaching people, influencing and not shy about bringing ideas to the table.
- A methodical approach and an eagle eye for detail.
- Experience of working collaboratively and across teams and departments to deliver projects
Because we’re a charity, you will from time-to-time need to chip in to help with all kinds of other stuff to help the team, and this may even drag you away from a computer screen.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 16 January
Provisional dates for interview: 21 /22 January
How to apply
Download and complete the Equal Opportunities form. Email a covering letter (max 3 pages) describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, your CV and the completed equal opportunities form to: email@example.com.
Please put Digital Communications Executive in the subject heading of the email.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Working at Media Trust
Media Trust is an ambitious charity, full of passionate people. We are a small and dynamic team that works collaboratively and supports each other in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate, adaptable, value driven, proactive and independent people to join our team.
- We are based in WeWork Victoria, a vibrant co-working space with our own Media Trust office. There are regular activities and pop up’s throughout the week, great networking, free barista coffee all day and ping pong table
- 30 days annual leave
- Summer Friday afternoons off – half day Fridays for all of August
- Flexible hours, to be agreed with line manager
- Part-time options considered for the right candidate
- Secure bike shed
- Pension contributions
- Volunteer days
We are happy to make reasonable adjustments for disabled applicants at any stage of the recruitment process – please just get in touch to discuss.
Follow us @Media_Trust.
The Media Trust values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer Registered Charity no. 104273