Digital Volunteer Coordinator
Victoria, London, hybrid working
£23,000 - pro rata
Hours of work
P/T between Monday-Friday (20 –25 hours to be worked within office hours) across the week. Flexible working.
30 September 2022
Six weeks - ending Winter 2023
About Media Trust
At Media Trust, we believe it’s by giving everyone a voice that we’ll get to a more equal society. That’s why we’re proud to be working with hundreds of charities to strengthen their storytelling, advocacy and campaigning, press engagement and social media.
Read our 2021 Impact Report to learn more about our work and our impact.
For almost 30 years, volunteering has been at the heart of Media Trust. We connect charities in need of media and communications support with media and creative industry professionals looking to contribute their skills to bring about positive social impact.
Our volunteers are experienced industry professionals, coming from Media Trust’s extensive network of media and creative industry partners including broadcasters like the BBC, Channel 4, ITV and Sky, creative agencies like Havas and Ogilvy, PR firms like Edelman, film companies like Netflix and Warner Media, and social media platforms including Google, Meta, Snap, TikTok and Twitter as well as experienced freelancers.
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised Digital Volunteer Coordinator to join our dynamic and passionate team.
You will provide logistical and administrative support for our online Volunteer Platform where we match charities looking for pro bono help with media industry volunteers looking to give back. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing online applications from both charities and volunteers and facilitating matches between them.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience of using a CRM, working with large data sets and providing exceptional customer service. You will have a passion for supporting charities and marginalised communities to drive social change. This role will suit someone who is organised, process driven, confident using tech, loves analysing data and works well in a team.
- Using Salesforce CRM to match charities in need of communications support with volunteers who have relevant skills, interests and availability
- Reviewing and approving charity and volunteer applications
- Supporting charities to create clear and compelling volunteer requests for communications support
- Researching and selecting volunteers to be matched with a charity, using our database
- Facilitating introductions between the charity and volunteer and providing ongoing support through regular communications
- Recording all communications between volunteers, charities and Media Trust ensuring data is up to date
- Responding to incoming enquiries related to the Volunteer Platform and assisting charities and volunteers through the user journey
- Creating weekly Volunteer emails sharing opportunities with our volunteer database
- Recording, analysing, and reporting all matching data on a weekly basis
- Attending meetings with the Volunteering, Digital and Marketing teams on the ongoing development of the platform and offering potential solutions, where appropriate
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Experience in data management and maintaining databases
- Experience of using and managing Salesforce would be a benefit but not essential
- Analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to review and identify key/relevant information
- Understanding of marketing, digital, media and communications. Work experience in one of these areas would be beneficial to
- A passion for supporting charities and communities and driving social change
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent and confident communicator both online and on the phone.
- Ability to take initiative, be pro-active and work autonomously
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the values of Media Trust
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
How to apply
Email your CV along with your answers to the three questions below, describing how your skills and experience match our requirements and the completed equal opportunities form to [email protected].
Please put Digital Volunteer Coordinator in the subject heading of the email.
- Describe your experience of working with databases and digital platforms (250 words)
- What skills and experience will you bring that will help make the best matches between charities and volunteers? (250 words)
- What are some of the key considerations for making the best match between a charity looking for comms support and a media industry volunteer looking to give back? (250 words)
You will receive an automatic email confirming that your application has been received – please check your spam folder if you don’t see this in your main inbox.
We will inform all applicants, successful or unsuccessful, of the outcome of their application but we are unable to provide feedback for those who are not invited for interview due to the volume of applications.
Closing Date: Friday 30 September
Ideally, we are looking for someone to join the team as soon as possible and will be considering applications as and when they come in, with the option of interviews taking place before the closing date.
Working at Media Trust
Media Trust is an ambitious charity, full of passionate people. We are a small and dynamic team that works collaboratively and supports each other in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for motivated, agile, and values-driven people to join our team.
- Generous annual leave
- Flexible hours, to be agreed with line manager
- Part-time options considered for the right candidate
- Secure bike shed
We aim to represent the communities we support. We encourage applications from people of colour, those who identify as LGBTQIA, working class as well as disabled people and those living with mental health conditions.
We are happy to make reasonable adjustments for applicants who need additional support at any stage of the recruitment process – please get in touch to discuss.
Media Trust values and respects all differences in people (seen and unseen). One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available, such as part-time and term-time working, and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility and equipment or other support you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we promise not to judge you for asking.