Project Coordinator – Youth Media
£24,000 per annum DoE
Hours of work
Full time, 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday – Friday
24 January 2019
Media Trust exists to help charities and under-represented communities have a stronger voice. We do this through our innovative training programmes and our ability to match good skills with good causes, harnessing skills-based volunteering by media industry professionals. We are also helping the media and creative industry to be more representative of society today by training and mentoring young people from diverse backgrounds to join the sector.
Our Youth Engagement team creates and delivers innovative projects and campaigns that empower young people to have a stronger voice. All our youth programmes empower young people creatively by training them to make compelling multimedia content. Through our strong partnerships with the media industry, we are able to arrange for the content made by our young people to reach local and national audiences via platforms like Together TV, BBC, Evening Standard and ITV News. One of our signature programmes is the Vlogstar Challenge – a video blogging training programme and competition for over 1,000 young people from across London and Essex, in partnership with YouTube, the Evening Standard and the Jack Petchey Foundation.
Many of our programmes also give young people the key foundational skills, confidence and access to join the media sector through training, mentoring, networking and work experience opportunities. Breaking Into News is a national talent spotting competition we run with ITN for the next generation of broadcast journalist rising stars while Creativity Works: Multimedia Genius Training is an intensive 10-week boot-camp of high-impact media masterclasses and employment skills training for young Londoners who are not in employment, education or training.
We are looking for two new Project Coordinators to support the delivery of our exciting programmes, working closely with young people and volunteers from the Media Industry.
You will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of one or more of our youth programmes, including programme and budget management, funder and partner relationships, impact evaluation and quality assurance.
We are looking for a dynamic, organised, creative and strategic individuals, who are keen to hit the ground running.
We are looking for passionate candidates with an enthusiasm for working with young people, an interest in gaining project management experience and exceptional communication and organisational skills.
- Coordinating events including media masterclasses, employability training and mentor training
- Acting as the first point of contact for all new enquiries
- Outreach to youth organisations and young people
- Updating databases and administrative tasks
- Supporting in the recruitment, selection and training of volunteers and young people
- Providing support to young people and volunteers throughout the programme
- Capturing and maintaining multi-stakeholder monitoring and evaluation information
- Representing Media Trust at external events
- Support in the delivery of other Youth Media Programmes as required
- Travel across the UK
- Experience of event coordination on a small or large scale
- A qualification in youth work would be a strong advantage
- Experience of working with and training young people
- Knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the charity, voluntary and community sectors’ practices, messages, culture and objectives
- Empathy with the needs of young people
- Knowledge of video editing and camera skills would be a strong advantage
- An ability to form strong working relationships both within the organisation and externally
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal alongside attention to detail
- Confident public speaker and large group facilitator
- Previous experience of office administration and excellent organisational skills
- A commitment to the aims and values of the Media Trust and the wider voluntary and community sector, as well as to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity across all your work.
Closing date: January 24, 2019
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
About Media Trust
Media Trust is a communications charity that believes in the power of media to give underrepresented communities a stronger voice and change lives.
We do this by bringing together professionals from across the media industry and inspire them to share their communications knowledge, expertise, skills and time with charitable organisations, communities and young people.
We enjoy outstanding support from the media industry. Our corporate partners provide invaluable skilled volunteers, who offer training, content creation and mentoring. Their passion, creativity and skills help us make a huge difference to so many people across the UK.
Our media industry corporate partners include: A+E Networks, adam&eveDDB, AMV BBDO, AOL, Ascential, BBC, BBH, Bloomberg, BT, Camelot, Channel 4, Clear Channel, Dentsu Aegis Network, Discovery Networks Europe, dmg media, Edelman, Facebook, Google, GroupM, Guardian Media Group, Hearst Magazines UK, IPG Mediabrands, ITN, ITV, Mediacom, Mindshare, m/SIX, McCann, Next15, Pearl&Dean, Posterscope, Primesight, Ogilvy, Saatchi & Saatchi, Sky, Spotify, Starcom, Talon Outdoor, Telegraph Media Group, Time Warner, Twitter, Viacom International Media Networks, Virgin Media, The Walt Disney Company UK & Ireland, Wavemaker, Weber Shandwick and WPP.
Together, we have been working to strengthen the voices and improve the lives of people and communities across the UK for more than 20 years.
For more information, visit www.mediatrust.org or follow us @Media_Trust
How to apply
Download and complete the Equal Opportunities form. Email a covering letter describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, your CV and the completed equal opportunities form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write the name of the role you are applying for in the subject heading of the email.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only those selected for an interview will be contacted.