£24,000 - £26,000 doe
Hours of work
Monday – Friday
13 January 2020
Fixed term until August 2021
20 Jan 2020
Media Trust bridges the gap between the media and creative industry and charities, under-represented communities and young people to give them a stronger voice. We do this by promoting skills-based volunteering, empowering young people from diverse backgrounds to work in the media and creative industry and facilitating capacity building and multi-stakeholder dialogue and collaboration.
We’re proud to be helping charities and underrepresented communities to challenge entrenched negative stereotypes and fight for more authentic media representation, giving a stronger voice to people with lived experience. We’re helping charities with their communications strategy, advocacy and campaigning, storytelling, content creation and press engagement. Digital communications skills are embedded in and are a crucial element of all of these areas. Our long-term intended impact is increased visibility, reach and support for charities, so that society benefits more from the work of the third sector.
We have an extensive network of around 40 corporate partners including adamandeveDDB, BBC, BBH, Channel 4, Edelman, Facebook, Google, Guardian Media Group, ITV, Sky, Twitter and Weber Shandwick, to name but a few, who we work closely alongside to deliver our programmes.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and organised Project Coordinator with a passion for events and people to join our Charity Services team.
Working closely with Media Trust’s Programme Manager, you will provide logistical and administrative support across our Digital Programmes. Our UK-wide Digital Skills programmes help charities and community groups access the vital digital communications training they need in order to strengthen their digital marketing and social media capabilities, increase their impact and engagement online, raise their profile and get their voices heard in a rapidly evolving digital world.
Digital Skills Programmes
Digital Skills with Google – In June 2018, Media Trust launched our Digital Skills programme in partnership with Google to bridge the digital skills gap in the UK charity sector. Over the last 18 months, we have trained almost 1,500 charities via 26 Digital Skills Masterclasses in 14 regions across the UK. In addition, we attracted 12,500 unique visitors to our new online Resource Hub. We also engaged 200 digital volunteers who shared their skills and expertise mentoring charities and charity professionals. We have now received a second round of funding from Google.org to further expand the programme.
Heritage Digital – working with a consortium of heritage and digital partners to deliver a national digital training programme for the UK heritage sector
Digital Leadership Programme – working to build the digital communications strategy, skills, confidence and knowledge of civil society leaders
This post will be responsible for every level of logistics and event coordination including liaising with over 1500 charities and community projects per year, venue hire, catering, travel and liaison with all key stakeholders. You will also be responsible for capturing and collating all impact data from the programmes and supporting with programme reporting.
Regular travel throughout the UK and overnight stays will be required in this role.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about digital and social change, loves to be busy and works well in a team.
- Be the first point of contact for programme enquiries, including logistical information pre and post event, last minute changes to workshops, dietary and accessibility requirements and building relationships with charities
- Support the Programme Manager with programme coordination including data entry, reviewing attendee lists, sending event reminder emails, printing and updating training materials, collating and uploading training feedback, and creating event and website pages
- Help to organise event logistics, booking venues and travel arrangements, catering, refreshments and A/V equipment and be main contact for all venues throughout project
- Assisting and supporting the Programme Manager with the creation of impact reports through data input and analysis of evaluation forms and online surveys
- Produce spreadsheets, meeting minutes, and other quality written information
- Ensure all programme data is up to date and recorded on our CRM system
- Assist on site at events, liaising with the venue, greeting and networking with delegates, arranging refreshments, and ensuring high quality from start to finish
- Assist with any other duties as may be required on an ad hoc basis
- Regular travel across the UK to run events as required
- A passion for charities and communities driving social change
- An understanding of and experience in digital communications/campaigns, with a passion for keeping up to date with the latest digital trends
- Experience of organising training or events is essential
- Excellent planning, organisational and administration skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage deadlines
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to establish, develop and maintain quality relationships
- Excellent writing ability, with experience with both on and offline audiences including digital communications
- Experience of establishing and managing relationships and partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of using WordPress, Eventbrite, Survey Monkey and CRM would be an advantage
- Ability to take the initiative and work autonomously when necessary
- Friendly, confident and articulate, comfortable presenting to large groups
- Confident managing and developing budgets, spreadsheets and databases
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the values of Media Trust
- Training delivery experience and workshop facilitation skills
- Volunteer recruitment and management
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Closing date: 6pm Monday 13 January 2020
Interviews: Monday 20 January
How to apply
Download and complete the Equal Opportunities form. Email a covering letter (max 3 pages) describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, your CV and the completed equal opportunities form to: email@example.com.
Please put Project Coordinator in the subject heading of the email.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Working at Media Trust
Media Trust is an ambitious charity, full of passionate people. We are a small and dynamic team that works collaboratively and supports each other in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate, adaptable, value driven, proactive and independent people to join our team.
- We are based in WeWork Victoria, a vibrant co-working space with our own Media Trust office. There are regular activities and pop up’s throughout the week, great networking, free barista coffee all day and ping pong table
- 30 days annual leave
- Summer Friday afternoons off – half day Fridays for all of August
- Flexible hours, to be agreed with line manager
- Part-time options considered for the right candidate
- Secure bike shed
- Pension contributions
- Volunteer days
We are happy to make reasonable adjustments for disabled applicants at any stage of the recruitment process – please just get in touch to discuss.
The Media Trust values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer