Salesforce CRM Implementation Project Manager
London, Victoria - Remote working available
£24,000 - £28,800 p.a. for 21 hours per week (£40,000 - £48,000 Full Time Equivalent annual salary)
Hours of work
Part time: 21 hours per week
24 September 2021
Head of Digital
8 months, from October 2021 to May 2022
About Media Trust
At Media Trust, we believe that it’s by giving everyone a voice that we’ll get to a more equal society. That’s why we’re proud to be working with hundreds of charities to strengthen their story-telling, advocacy and campaigning, press engagement and social media. We do this through media, communications and digital skills training delivered in partnership with our media and creative industry partners and by matching media industry volunteers with charities looking for comms support. At the same time, our youth programmes are giving thousands of young people the creative digital media skills, access and mentoring support to break into the media. In this way, we believe we are doing our bit contribute to Britain’s levelling up agenda while also helping the media sector to be more responsible, representative and connected.
Read our 2020 Impact Report to learn more about our work and our impact.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced CRM implementation project manager to contribute to the ongoing digital transformation of a small but impactful charity which is giving charities, under-represented communities and young people a stronger voice. If you have the skills we need and you’re looking for a part-time role within a small and dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you.
The primary purpose of the role is to support the successful implementation of Media Trust’s new Salesforce solution. This includes supporting the scoping/requirements gathering, supporting the development/configuration of Salesforce, and supporting the data migration. It also includes leading on the training and launch of the new solution to all staff members at Media Trust as well as the successful transition to business as usual.
Supplier and Project Management
- Own the relationship with the Media Trust development partner and hold them to account for quality and on time/on budget delivery
- Own the ongoing relationship with the Salesforce account executive and draw on their experience and knowledge to get the best out of the product for our organisation
- Facilitate information sharing and collaboration between our existing digital suppliers and the development partner to ensure the development integrates correctly with our existing digital platforms and ensure smooth transition to the new CRM
- Work closely with our development partner to monitor the progress and provide regular updates on progress to Media Trust’s Senior Management Team
- Identify understand and manage interdependencies and risks with other project or programme workstreams
Requirements and Scoping
- Support our development partner with the gathering and prioritisation of requirements for the new Salesforce implementation including process mapping, documentation of existing data capture methods and documentation of current integrations
- Review the proposed implementation plan and suggest modifications and improvements to ensure quality of final deliverables.
Development/configuration of Salesforce
- Gather and collate information from key stakeholders (including Media Trust, Salesforce and the development partner) and evaluate the recommendations for the best way to implement the solution for our organisation from the development partner
- Evaluate CRM development/configuration progress and establish acceptance/testing criteria
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues with the development and configuration and work with the development partner to find appropriate solutions.
- Execute and co-ordinate user acceptance testing with the support of Media Trust team members to ensure the solution meets our requirements
- Support the development partner in the smooth transition of data from our existing CRM system to our new Salesforce database
- Support the development partner in the smooth transition of data form our existing third party systems to our new Salesforce database
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues with the data migration and work with the development partner to find appropriate solutions.
Training and Change Management
- Champion the adoption, training and embedding of the new CRM system in Media Trust
- Identify Media Trust training requirements and schedule training
- Create and execute an internal communications and launch plan for the new CRM system
- Effectively transition to Salesforce becoming a business as usual system for Media Trust
What we are looking for in you
- Minimum of 3-5 years of digital project management experience including direct experience of implementing a Salesforce CRM solution
- Sound knowledge and understanding of how Salesforce CRM system works and how to capture and manipulate data to enable us to run operations, manage programmes, communicate with beneficiaries, manage donors and partners.
- Particular knowledge and experience of the Salesforce offer for Non-Profits would be a benefit
- Experience of Agile methods and project management
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management, with experience of managing external agencies and pro bono partnerships
- Ability to work cross functionally, across teams and working groups
- An excellent communicator
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
How to apply
- Closing date: Friday 24 September 2021
Download and complete the Equal Opportunities form below. Email a covering letter (max 2 pages) describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, your CV and the completed equal opportunities form to: email@example.com. Please put ‘Salesforce CRM Implementation Project Manager’ in the subject heading of the email.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Working at Media Trust
Media Trust is an ambitious charity, full of passionate people. We are a small and dynamic team that works collaboratively and supports each other in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for motivated, agile and value-driven people to join our team.
- We are based in WeWork Victoria, a vibrant co-working space with our own Media Trust office. There are regular activities and pop-ups throughout the week, ping pong tournaments and free barista coffee all day and prosecco/craft beer evenings
- Generous annual leave
- Flexible hours, to be agreed with line manager
- Secure bike shed
- Pension contributions
- Volunteer days
Media Trust values and respects all differences in people (seen and unseen). One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available, such as part-time and term-time working, job sharing, home working and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility and equipment or other support you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.