Training and Development Assistant
£22,000 - £24,000 (FTE)
Hours of work
Part Time: 4 days a week 9.30 – 5.30 (28 hours)
3 May 2019
Media Trust exists to help charities and under-represented communities have a stronger voice. We do this through our innovative training programmes and our ability to match good skills with good causes, harnessing skills-based volunteering by media industry professionals. We also focus on making the media and creative industry more representative of society today by training and mentoring young people from diverse backgrounds to join the sector.
We work closely with our corporate partners and wider networks including Google, Twitter, Facebook, Weber Shandwick and the BBC, to help them share their skills, support communications challenges and develop impactful content, enabling the finest talent around to support charities and non-profits to help bring their stories to life.
Description of role
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and organised Training and Development Assistant to join our Charity Services team. You will be responsible for organising the logistics for training courses across the UK and working with our expert media consultants to ensure training runs smoothly and to a high standard. You will be working closely with our Training and Development Manager to grow the Consultancy and Bespoke training provision for Media Trust. You will also be providing support for matching communications volunteers to charities on a project by project basis.
To succeed in this demanding but exciting role you will need first class administration and organisational skills, an eye for detail and the confidence to deal with a wide range of trainers and customers. It would be an advantage to have knowledge or first-hand experience of the charity sector’s communications challenges and an interest in digital communications trends.
*Please note this is a fixed term contract until 31 March 2020.
- Support the development of Media Trust consultancy and bespoke training
- Provide day to day administration support to the Project and Training Manager
- Be the first point of contact for bespoke training enquiries, responding to enquiries in an appropriate manner and building relationships with charities
- Responsibility for recording on excel spreadsheet all training enquiries received via email, phone and social media and regularly updating with action taken
- Liaise and book training consultants as required ensuring trainer has prior communication with charities to develop training course
- Oversee in-house bespoke training courses including ensuring delegates are provided with materials, refreshments and have everything they need to ensure the objectives of the day are met
- Provide financial administration including raising POs and processing invoices using online financial systems
- Obtain feedback forms from training sessions and record data as appropriate
- Use and maintain database/CRM to include bought data, existing contacts, leads, past delegates, and build contact history
- Learn how to write training proposals and collect training briefs based on clients requirements
- Research new business opportunities and support the marketing of bespoke training
- Use social media and our website to promote training and share content with our audiences
- Support with volunteer matching for specific projects as required
- Assisting with any other duties required by the department
- Excellent telephone manner coupled with a welcoming personality
- Excellent planning, organisational skills and administration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to establish, develop and maintain quality relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written skills with experience in writing proposals, reports or briefs
- Ability to act on own initiative and work autonomously when necessary
- Confident managing and updating spreadsheets and databases
- Experience of organising training events is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience using social media in a marketing capacity desirable
- Passion, understanding and knowledge of the UK charity sector
- Passion for media and communications and keeping up with the newest digital trends
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the values of the Media Trust
The above role description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, together with the completed Equal Opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the role you are applying for in the subject heading.
Closing date: Friday 3 May.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only those selected for an interview will be contacted.