Youth Programmes Alumni Coordinator
Hours of work
Full time, 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday – Friday
15 August 2019
2 September 2019
4 September 2020 (with possibility for extension)
19-20 August 2019
About Media Trust
Media Trust exists to help charities and under-represented communities have a stronger voice through our innovative training programmes and our ability to match good skills with good causes harnessing skills-based volunteering by media industry professionals. We are also very focused on making the media and creative industry more representative of society today by encouraging young people from diverse backgrounds to join the sector and training them to be more powerful communicators.
Our young people’s programmes span our annual VlogStar Challenge in partnership with the Jack Petchey Foundation and supported by YouTube and the Evening Standard, Transforming Hidden Talent – a mentoring programme supported by Comic Relief, and Breaking into News in partnership with ITN/ITV.
We are also proud to be one of two non-profit partners that the Mayors Fund for London are working with to enhance the mobility and employability of diverse young Londoners within the media and creative sectors and our Creativity Works programme supported by MFL is now in its ninth season.
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Youth Programmes Alumni Coordinator to join our dynamic and passionate team. The successful candidate will support our portfolio of youth media programmes and our new alumni network. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Youth Programmes and supporting the wider youth team, you will work directly with our young people, supporting them in their development and progress towards or maintaining their employment, education and training.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build upon their youth engagement experience and to develop their understanding of the media and creative industries.
- Support with the design and delivery of our new alumni programme including scheduling monthly upskilling and employability workshops in collaboration with our industry partners
- Support our Marketing & Communication team to launch the alumni network, including promoting the alumni programme to new and established partners and across our social media platforms
- Support the recruitment of alumni from our youth programmes, ensuring effective onboarding and data collection
- Coordinate all logistics for programme delivery including venue sourcing, catering and travel plans
- Set up and maintain the Alumni Network admin and filing systems, ensuring GDPR guidelines are adhered to
- Produce a monthly newsletter with live jobs and opportunities and case studies and success stories from our young people
- Source a range of entry-level roles, internships and apprenticeship schemes for our young people to apply for
- Support team to recruit industry mentors including organising and managing their training and onboarding
- Experience of working with young people aged 18-24
- An interest in the issues surrounding youth mobility and employability and the media and creative industries
- A qualification in youth work and/or working knowledge of issues effecting young people
- Experience of coordinating projects and managing events
- Strong social media experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, alongside attention to detail, analysis and focus
- Experience in handling and organising data – this is a vital part of the role so don’t apply if you aren’t willing to get stuck in when it comes to keeping and updating our records and databases!
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A strong team player
- Highly organised with a systematic approach to work
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Media Trust
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Media Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and will require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply, please send a recent CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the person specification to MarthaS@mediatrust.org
Please note, due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Media Trust values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
This role is being funded by Jack Petchy Foundation.