Invitation to Tender – Inclusive reporting trainer/facilitator needed
Media Trust is looking to engage a Training Provider/Facilitator to support an exciting new programme to promote best practice on inclusive reporting for UK newsrooms and journalists
Deadline for submission: 6pm (GMT) on Wednesday 6 October 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 12 October 2021
We’re looking to recruit an experienced trainer to support our new programme aimed at sharing and encouraging best practice on inclusive reporting with UK newsrooms and journalists.
The training provider will:
- Develop and design an engaging and practical 60–90-minute workshop on inclusive reporting
- Deliver up to 12 virtual workshops on inclusive reporting for small groups of journalists between November 2021 and April 2022
- Deliver 2 webinars on inclusive reporting for larger groups of journalists, journalism students and other participants between November 2021 and April 2022
You should be confident and comfortable about acting as a coach and facilitator for smaller group workshops for senior editors and journalists while being able to scale up to leading webinars for a large audience.
Between September 2021 and April 2022, the programme will deliver:
- 12 inclusive reporting workshops for small groups of journalists recruited through Media Trust’s corporate partner network
- 2 inclusive reporting sector-wide masterclasses open to any newsrooms, journalists, and students
- 2 speed-networking events for editors & reporters and civil society leaders
- A Stronger Voices Summit in April 2022 bringing together speakers and contributors from both the media industry and charity sector to discuss and share the learnings from the programme.
Media Trust has allocated £12,000 (including VAT) for the training provider for this programme. Payments will be released in stages according to agreed milestones. Initial payment will be made on completion of training content design and thereafter monthly depending on the number of training sessions delivered.
How to Apply
Please provide a written proposal by the deadline indicated. Submissions should run to no more than four sides of A4 using 12-point font text and include:
- Main objectives for the workshop
- Themes and topics you propose to cover in the workshops
- Proposed approach to deliver the workshop content ensuring it is both in-depth but also digestible
- How you would propose to reflect the voices of those with lived experience
- How you would tailor the content and format for a more senior/experienced audience vs more junior reporter. Please also explain how you would tailor the content and format for the bigger group webinars vs the smaller group workshops
- How you think Media Trust should position the programme and market it to journalists and newsrooms
- An overview of your experience working with newsrooms and journalists or similar
- Examples of relevant prior training you have delivered (slides, recordings, etc) ideally to both virtual and face to face audiences
- Your budget and usual hourly/day rate (inclusive of VAT and expenses where applicable)
- Your availability to deliver the workshops and (if required) the masterclasses between November 2021 and April 2022
We particularly welcome applications from individuals with lived experience.
Click here to access the Invitation to Tender.
For any questions on the programme or how to apply, contact our Senior Programme Coordinator Fahmida Miah, [email protected] / 020 7871 5600.
Our Corporate Partners
We enjoy outstanding support from the media industry. Our partners include: