Vlogstar Challenge Terms and Conditions
By submitting an application to Vlogstar Challenge, the applicant will be deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”):
- Applicants must complete an application form at:
- Applicants must work with 16-25 year olds in London or Essex.
- Applicants must have a suitable venue, support from staff, and be able to recruit groups of 25-80 young people (aged 16-25) to apply.
- We have a rolling deadline for applications; the last workshop will be delivered by 31st March 2018. The workshops will be booked on a first come first serve basis.
- Information submitted in the application form and all other information provided to Media Trust must be true, complete and accurate.
- The competition is not open to employees or volunteers of Media Trust, Community Channel, Jack Petchey Foundation, ESI Media or Google.
To enter the Competition
- 16-25 year olds that have attended a workshop must submit at least one vlog to Media Trust during the workshop.
- Entries submitted up to two weeks after the workshop date will also be accepted.
- Deadline for entries is two weeks after the young person’s workshop date.
Once the final deadline for entries is closed on 15th June 2017, a panel of judges with select the regional winners from all entries submitted during the specified entry period. Entries are only valid if it is completed correctly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The regional winners will be announced on Twitter through our account, @Media_Trust and on www.vlogstarchallange.com on 23rd May 2018.
- The overall winner will be announced at an awards ceremony in June 2018, through our Twitter account, @Media_Trust and on www.vlogstarchallange.com.
- All regional winners will be expected to attend the awards ceremony unless reasonable circumstances prevent them.
- Media Trust will notify the regional winners and overall winner by telephone.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
- Entrants should be aware that Media Trust might review the social media accounts of any entrants and young people at any point during the competition. If such a review leads Media Trust to believe that the individual’s involvement may have a detrimental impact on the competition or the reputation of the partners, Media Trust reserve the right at any stage to remove the entrant from the competition.
The prize includes;
- One day in YouTube’s production studio
- £500 worth of equipment to the young person
- Two weeks worth of time in YouTube’s production studio
- One to one support from a YouTube expert
- £2,000 for the young person’s organisation
- The prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable, and there is no cash alternative. It does not cover any travel or other expenses in relation to the prize.
- The prize does not include any element of insurance.
- Media Trust reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal value (including, where appropriate, of equal experience value) where circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
In order to receive their prize, the winners are required to provide Media Trust with the following information:
- Individual: full name, address, telephone number and email address
- Registered charity or community organisation: contact name, telephone number, email address, organisation name and organisation address.
- Should a winner not acknowledge receipt of their win, and provide all the above details within seven days of receiving notice from Media Trust via a direct message, we reserve the right to select another winner.
Media Trust have sole discretion to determine whether Content submitted by an entrant is suitable for inclusion in the Competition and can disqualify entrants providing unsuitable Content from the Competition at any point during the Competition.
The Content must be:
- The original work of the entrant and must not have been previously published. Content, which appears to be fraudulently generated or plagiarised, will be disqualified.
- The Content must not contain any registered trademarks or materials, which may be protected by copyright, endorse or imply any endorsement or advertisement of any brand, product or service; infringe any copyright, confidentiality or other rights of any third party; or violate any law or regulation or contain anything obscene, pornographic, blasphemous, libellous or defamatory of any person.
In creating the Content, the entrant shall:
- Behave responsibly and must not threaten, harass, insult or harm any person or damage any property;
- Not behave in a way which violates any applicable laws or regulations;
- Not behave in any way that may damage or bring into disrepute the Promoters’ or either of the Promoters’ brands.
6. LICENCES AND CONSENT
- By entering the Competition, and in consideration of Media Trust allowing entrants to participate in the Competition, each entrant grants Media Trust a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, edit, distribute and otherwise make use of the Content as part of the Competition or any part thereof in any and all media, including but not limited to the internet, mobile applications, social media and cinema for any purposes associated with the Competition or Media Trust.
- Entrants must have, own and control all rights, consents, releases and waivers necessary to grant the right and licence set out in the point above. In particular, entrants must have obtained, prior to entering the Competition:
- All necessary consents from any persons featured in the Content (including consents from the parents or guardians of any children below the age of 18 who are featured in the Content);
- All consents for use of music and any third party designs, names, imagery or characters must also have been obtained.
- All necessary fees in connection with such consents must have been paid.
- The entrant must be able to produce rights forms on request.
- By entering the Competition, entrants hereby confirm that there are no restrictions that would prevent Media Trust from exercising any of the rights granted under these Terms and Conditions.
7. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- In the event of any fault, misunderstanding, mistake or dispute concerning the operation of the Competition, including the validity, correctness or acceptability of entries submitted by entrants, Media Trust’s decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Media Trust will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the Competition or to meet deadlines.
- Media Trust will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury caused to an entrant by participation in the Competition whatsoever (including in connection with the Winner’s enjoyment of the Prize) to the fullest extent permitted by law, provided that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall operate so as to limit or exclude Media Trust’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the Promoters’ negligence.
- If any provision or part of these Terms and Conditions is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable by law, then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in force.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this Competition but entrants should be aware that they may be charged depending on their own individual arrangements with regard to internet access.
- The Promoters of this Competition are: (i) Media Trust which is a registered charity (1042733) and a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England (No: 2895790) whose registered office is 2-6 Cannon Street, London, EC4M 6YH
- Complaints about this Competition may be made in writing (including via email) to Media Trust, Media Trust, Block A, Centre House, Wood Lane, London w12 7SB.
- Media Trust reserve the right at any time and with or without prior notice to either temporarily or permanently cancel or modify the Competition if, in their sole discretion, they determine there is a good reason to do so.
- Media Trust reserve the right at any time and without notice to disqualify (whether permanently or temporarily) from the Competition any person who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions or behaves unfairly or in a way which may be damaging to Media Trust. If any Winner is excluded, Media Trust may select an alternative Winner.
- Media Trust reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions (including the times and dates for each part of the Competition) at any time if events beyond the reasonable control of media Trust mean that they must do so. Any amendment will be published on www.vlogstarchallenge.com.
Our Corporate Partners
We enjoy outstanding support from the media industry. Our partners include: