The data controller is Media Trust of WeWork c/o Media Trust, 123 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, London,
Our nominated representative for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation is Naomi White.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- We will collect and process personal information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site (for example by registering as a volunteer or charity) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in discussion boards, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, description of volunteering opportunities you are interested in, description of charity requiring assistance, personal description and photograph.
- With regard to each of your visits to our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and any phone number used to call us.
Use of your personal information
We collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information about you for our legitimate interests which include managing your account (e.g. providing password reset emails), to deliver, operate and maintain the services on our Site, to notify you about any changes to the services we provide, to provide you with the information and services that you request from us and, if you agree, sending you our newsletters and details of our services that we think may be of interest to you. If you have agreed that we can process your personal information for a particular purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also email you if there is a problem with comments or content you have posted on our Site. We may also use your personal information to verify compliance with rules of any promotions you may enter and for compliance with any contractual, legal or regulatory obligations.
We will use technical information that we collect and information relating to your visit of our Site to administer our Site and for internal operations (including troubleshooting), to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service and as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
When you first register with us we will send you a confirmation email detailing your new account with us.
We may also use, disclose or otherwise process information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
If the opportunity to register for services and create a user account (an “Account”) on our Site is provided, doing so is optional. If you choose not to register, you can still browse our Site.
If you create an Account, your Account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by not disclosing your Account password to unauthorised people. Please advise us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your Account.
You can review, update or correct any of the personal information we have gathered about you when you registered for an Account by logging in to your Account.
Who will see my personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- our staff and volunteers;
- other companies in the Media Trust group (including their staff);
- Media Trust’s other partner organisations (including RedK, Mailchimp, Mandrill, Eventbrite) and their staff; and
- legal or regulatory bodies in compliance with legal or regulatory obligations.
If you have created an Account as a charity representative then we may disclose your personal information including:
- user name and contact details (including email address) to third parties for the purpose of such third parties contacting you in relation to any content that you have uploaded to our Site;
- user name, charity profile (including name, email address and phone number, description of charity requiring assistance, personal description and photograph) and details of how to contact you via your Account to a volunteer registered with an Account on our Site for the purposes of the volunteer discussing a potential volunteering opportunity with you; and
- your name and profile to other individuals who are associated with the same charity.
If you have created an Account as a volunteer then we may disclose your personal information including:
- your user name and contact details (including email address) to third parties for the purpose of such third parties contacting you in relation to any content that you have uploaded to our Site;
- your user name, volunteer profile (including name, e-mail address and phone number, description of volunteering opportunities you are interested in, personal description and photograph) and details of how to contact you via your Account to a charity registered with an Account on our Site for the purposes of the charity discussing a potential volunteering opportunity with you; and
- your name to our corporate partners if you indicate that you are currently an employee of one of our corporate partners when registering for an Account.
We do not pass your details (email, address, telephone, IP address, cookie details etc.) to any third parties for marketing purposes.
How long will your Personal Information be stored?
We will only keep personal information about you for as long as we need to. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the Site or our services, and delete it if you no longer wish to continue your registration for our Site.
How do we keep your information secure?
All Personal Information you provide to us is held securely.
We ensure third parties employ the same rigour when handling data, ensuring they apply security far in accordance with legal requirements.
We would like to send you our newsletter and information about our services which we think may be of interest to you. We will not contact you for promotional purposes such as newsletters unless you specifically agree to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your personal information, or at a later time if you sign up specifically to receive such promotional information. If you have consented, then this may include us sending you our newsletter via email.
Please note that there is always an unsubscribe link in our emails which will take you off our distribution list. Alternatively, you can contact us to unsubscribe at any time.
Access to your information, correction and other rights
If you would like to:
- be informed of or obtain a copy of some or all of the personal information we hold about you;
- anonymise or erase personal information that we hold about you; or
- block or object to any unlawful processing concerning your personal information,
please write to us at email@example.com. In limited circumstances, you may also have the right to receive personal information in a format which may be transmitted to another entity.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please let us know via the above method if you think it is not.
Users who are 18 and under
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to this Site. Users without this consent are not allowed to and must not provide us with personal information.
Cookie visitor information
Please be aware that this Site may link to other websites (“Linked-to Sites”). We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these Linked-to Sites and we hereby disclaim all responsibility and liability that may arise from these. Linking to and from this Site to the Linked-to Sites does not constitute an endorsement by Media Trust of any Linked-to Site or its content.
Our Corporate Partners
We enjoy outstanding support from the media industry. Our partners include: