Join Media Trust and a panel of experts to uncover the secrets to building a website that works hard for...
Digital Leadership Programme: Preston
Holiday Inn Meeting Centre, PR1 3AU
Thursday 21 March 2019 09:30 - 16:00
We are excited to announce the launch of our Digital Leadership Programme which will provide free Digital Marketing Strategy training to 160 leaders of charity and civil society organisations across England.
A well thought out digital marketing strategy is key to any charity’s longevity and success in an increasingly digital world.
Join us in this unique workshop specially designed for charity leaders where you will be guided by an award winning digital expert. You will receive a theoretical introduction to digital marketing and take part in practical exercises and group activities.
Every participant will be given a digital marketing strategy template to use in the session, providing you with a tangible action plan to use when you return to your organisation.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The importance of digital marketing and the challenges currently being faced by the sector and your own organisation
- How to identify your target audiences and the most relevant digital marketing channels, tools, trends and techniques to engage them
- The value of investing in digital and how it can impact your work and sustainability
- How to get buy in from your board, CEO, employees
- How to create a tangible and useable digital marketing plan for your organisation
This training is for charity leaders and individuals in a position to influence digital transformation within their organisation.
There are two spaces available per organisation on each workshop. We recognise that the most impactful change is achieved when decision makers are on the same page. These two spaces are open to:
- A CEO, Trustee, Senior Manager or Volunteer of a small to medium sized charity or civil society organisation (with a turnover £2 million and under)
- A second person who is instrumental in the integration and implementation of the digital marketing strategy. This could again be a Chair, Trustee or Senior Manager or a marketing and communications lead.
Note that at least one of the two attendees from each organisation must be a senior leader.
About the Trainer:
Jo Kerr is a consultant with over a decade of experience as a digital leader in the social sector. Her practice focuses on people and culture as the pivotal success factors for digital and organisational change.
Jo’s most recent in-house role was as Assistant Director of Digital for Breast Cancer Care. As the charity’s digital lead, she developed innovative online support services for people affected by breast cancer. Working collaboratively across the sector, Jo created the Voluntary Sector Digital Maturity Matrix – to date the tool has helped over 1,000 charities.
Before Breast Cancer Care, Jo was Girlguiding’s first Head of Digital Communications, initiating a programme of digital transformation.
In 2014, Jo was voted #1 woman in digital under 30 by The Drum. In March 2017, she was named one of 10 inspiring women in charity digital by Third Sector.
About Media Trust's Digital Skills Programme
This event is part of our UK-wide digital skills training programme which is aimed at up skilling the UK charity sector’s digital knowledge and skills through local masterclasses, mentoring and online learning.
Get in touch
Should you require any further information about our Digital Leadership Programme, please reach out to Project Manager, Aimee Dorsett Browne on [email protected].
Lunch and travel expenses
Lunch will be provided and Media Trust will refund travel expenses upon reception of receipts.
Delivered by Media Trust and run in partnership with:
Join this webinar to learn all the essentials for developing a strong and effective social media presence for your charity....