Vlogstar Challenge online vlogging workshop
Thursday 26 November 2020 16:00 - 18:30
About this Event
We’ve teamed up with the Jack Petchey Foundation, YouTube and the Evening Standard to run the Vlogstar Challenge 2020/21 competition.
Join us online for a free vlogging workshop and the chance to be our next Vlogstar Challenge champion!
By taking part in the workshop you will have the opportunity to enter your vlog into the Vlogstar Challenge competition and the chance to win:
- £500 of production equipment
- £2,000 to put towards a non-profit organisation of your choice
- mentoring from a YouTube professional
- work experience from one of our industry partners
The workshop is intended to be relaxed and fun with a series of interactive practical challenges, to help you hone your new skills and get direct feedback from Media Trust’s expert trainers and your peers on how to make your content even better.
You don’t need to have a YouTube Channel, just an active interest in making online content and a passion for an issue or topic you want people to know about.
By taking part in the workshop you will:
- build the confidence and agency to voice your opinion on issues you care about
- discover how to shoot, edit, and produce compelling video content
- develop storytelling and presenting techniques to better tell your story
Logistics and key info
The session will last 2.5 hours and involve between 10-20 young people, who you get to know and build networks with.
To take part in this workshop you will need;
- a device to access the session
- a smartphone with data and memory available
- a good internet connection
- a positive attitude
If you have any questions, please email us: [email protected]