About this event On Tuesday 30 November, Media Trust will be running a free masterclass in partnership with Raconteur on...
Vlogstar Challenge: Secrets of YouTube Success! (free online workshop)
Wednesday 8 December 2021 17:30 - 19:00
A free vlogging workshop for 16-25 year-olds in London and Essex giving you the skills to create great video content.
About this event
Vlogstar Challenge: Secrets of YouTube Success!
Join us online for a free vlogging workshop and the chance to be our next Vlogstar Challenge champion!
This session will focus on: how to be a successful content creator on YouTube .
What does the workshop involve?
- Introduction to Vlogstar Challenge & how to submit
- Finding Your Voice (mini webinar)
- Q&A with expert guest
- Networking exercise
What is the Vlogstar Challenge?
Vlogstar Challenge is the biggest and longest running vlogging competiton in the UK.
Media Trust have teamed up with the Jack Petchey Foundation, YouTube and the Evening Standard to deliver worskhops all over London and Essex for young people aged 16-25.
It’s all about finding your voice, learning media skills, building your network and making a difference.
By taking part in the workshop you will have the opportunity to enter your vlog into the Vlogstar Challenge competition and the chance to win:
- £500 of production equipment
- £2,000 to put towards a non-profit organisation of your choice
- mentoring from a YouTube professional
- work experience from one of our industry partners
The workshop is intended to be relaxed and fun with a series of interactive practical challenges, to help you hone your new skills and get direct feedback from Media Trust’s expert trainers and your peers on how to make your content even better.
You don’t need to have a YouTube Channel, just an active interest in making online content and a passion for an issue or topic you want people to know about.
By taking part in the Vlogstar Challenge you will:
- build the confidence and agency to voice your opinion on issues you care about
- discover how to shoot, edit, and produce compelling video content
- develop storytelling and presenting techniques to better tell your story
Logistics and key info
The session will last 1.5 hours.
To take part in this workshop you will need:
- a device to access the session
- a smartphone with data and memory available
- a good internet connection
- a positive attitude
If you have any questions, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
A free vlogging workshop for 16-25 year-olds in London and Essex giving you the skills to create great video content....