Join Media Trust for a free ‘Create videos with YouTube’ masterclass, run in partnership with Google Digital Garage. With two...
Media Interview Training with Edelman
Worldwide Business Research, SW1V 1JZ
Wednesday 12 October 2022 10:00 - 16:00
Join this practical workshop to ensure you can confidently communicate your organisation’s message to the media.
This training will teach you how to speak to the media with confidence and get your message across. You will gain practical interview experience covering radio, TV and print interviews.
Our expert trainers from award winning PR agency Edelman, will help you keep calm, build confidence, stay on message and make the right impression when it counts. Rehearse your TV and radio manner and get familiar with interviewer styles through professional PR feedback and coaching. If you’re already working hard to attract media attention, this training will help ensure you’re ready to respond when a journalist calls you.
You will learn what makes a newsworthy story, what journalists want and how to effectively communicate your organisation’s key messages to the media.
This event will take place between 10am and 4pm at 129 Wilton Road, Pimlico, London SW1V 1JZ, UK.
You’ll be learning in a small group to ensure you get one-on-one advice and coaching. Places on this course fill quickly, if you’re interested, we’d recommend signing up as soon as you can.
Through this training you’ll learn to:
- Understand the media, identify media opportunities and recognise key principles in dealing with media interviews
- Confidently represent your organisation in media interviews and publications and be able to identify what makes a good story
- Recognise the difference between pro-active, reactive and interactive media – and how to be prepared for each scenario
- Communicate key messages fluently in a press, radio or TV interview and manage difficult questions
- Communicate your work and positive stories to a wide audience
Who should attend?
The course would benefit everyone who works in the charity sector, especially chief executives, board directors, senior PR and media managers, projects leaders, project workers or beneficiaries as well as experienced spokespeople who are preparing for a specific interview or would like to refresh their skills.
Aimed at Beginner-intermediate