Media Trust & ScreenSkills Mentoring Programmes
Media Trust is excited to be partnering with ScreenSkills to run a series of Mentoring Programmes aimed at levelling the playing field and providing the UK with a more inclusive talent pool.
The programmes are supported by ScreenSkills using National Lottery funds awarded by the BFI as part of the Future Film Skills programme.
What are the programmes?
The Media Trust & ScreenSkills Mentoring Programmes match industry mentors from film, TV and gaming with entry-level and early–stage mentees looking to pursue or progress their career in the screen industries. For an overview of the different career stages, please see the ScreenSkills website.
The Media Trust & ScreenSkills Emerging Talent Mentoring Programme launched in September 2020. We were particularly keen to recruit mentees from groups that are traditionally under-represented in the screen industries – women, Black, Asian & minority ethnic and disabled talent were particularly encouraged to apply. Over the course of the six-month online programme, our 50+ mentees have been matched with an industry mentor for one-on-one mentoring and will also receive expert guidance on completing a practical assignment for their CV/portfolio. We are very grateful to Sky for their support for the programme.
The Media Trust & ScreenSkills Early-Stage Talent Mentoring Programme, launching in January 2021, will match 24 early-stage mentees looking to progress their career in behind-the-camera roles in film and TV with industry mentors. The programme, which will be delivered online, is aimed, as with all our mentoring programmes, at talent from groups that are traditionally under-represented in the screen industries. We also particularly want to support talent based outside of London and the South-East. We are delighted that ITV will be the principal screen industries partner for this programme and will be recruiting mentors from their regional hubs.
Mentees benefit from:
- a better understanding of possible career pathways in behind the camera and below the line roles within the screen industries
- knowledge of the in-demand skills in the sector
- training and development and networking opportunities
- CV writing and interview skills
- a strong and mutually supportive network with other mentees and mentors to help you grow in confidence and resilience
Mentors benefit from:
- training and opportunities to hone your leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- reverse mentoring and insights and perspectives from not just the next generation of talent but also talent from diverse communities and experiences
- a strong and mutually supportive network with the other mentors and mentees
- the satisfaction of using their skills and experience to pay it forward
Apply for the Early-Stage Talent programme today
Applications close 24/01/2021
Media Trust also runs other mentoring and training programmes for diverse talent looking to break into, or progress their careers, in the media and creative sectors. Visit our website for more information. And you can also visit the ScreenSkills website for their current mentoring and training opportunities here.
The programme gives you the room to explore and reveal exactly what you want from life and then hands you the tools to go and get it. You get to be in rooms with inspirational producers, execs and directors that meet you on an equal footing with mutual respect.Kate Mitchell, Emerging Talent 2020 Mentee
Media Trust & ScreenSkills Mentoring Programmes delivered by Media Trust
Our Corporate Partners
We enjoy outstanding support from the media industry. Our partners include: